Look At Me!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Will I ever do it again!?

There is no way this is happening... I can't take it anymore...my heart is pumping.. .I shut my eyes tight and SCREEE...EE....EEEEAMMMM!!

Just moments earlier I had been happily laughing away at all that water splashing on to my face which was displaced by young kids jumping into the pool!

So how did I end up screaming?
Blame. My. legs. Yes, My Legs! The Idiots!!

Earlier this day, the entire family was planning on a day out with a bunch of kids.
I wasn't in the best of moods. So don't blame if I was not all too excited when finally the place decided was 'The Amusement Park!' (How amusing!). Could my day get any worse?

Twenty minutes and two hours later, we were all in this huge amusement park with everyone enjoying the rides and me?
oh, I was having loads of fun babysitting the wallets, hand bags, shoes and expensive cameras! OK lets face it. I am a wimp when it comes to rides and roller coasters and all those stupid contraptions with ridiculous fancy names, that guarantee to shorten your life through fear!

So there I was sitting by the pool and enjoying the cool water, splash on to my face, when I see two members of the family stomping and arguing with each other on top of their voices.
I could feel a smile spread across my face! There's nothing like a great family feud to brighten up your day! (as long as are you are not in the middle of it).
I even walk up-to them trying to eavesdrop on what they are fighting over. They see me and come over to me for my opinion! I feel a twinge of excitement! They want me to be Judge Judy!

Family Member1 : She does not want to come with me on the roller coaster

Family Member2: But he knows how I hate it

FM1: Come on, you can't come all the way here and not go on the roller coaster

Me and My Big Mouth : He has a point you know? It might be exciting !

FM2 : ..but I don't want to and ask him not to force me.

FM1 : I am not forcing you. I am just asking you to shed your fear.

Me and My Big Mouth (again):   come on, it is just a roller coaster. why don't you try it?

FM2 : If he was forcing you, would you go?
(Blast! In all the excitement I forgot how I hate roller coasters too!)

Me : yes of course I would. (I can almost touch the halo on my head)

FM2 : then why don't you?

FM1 : that's a good idea, why don't you come with me instead?

ME: urmm..me?...errr...r u sure?  (damn the halo!)

He started pulling me towards that monstrous looking creature and my legs follow suit, with FM2 standing there and grinning with contentment. (so much for playing Judge Judy!)
You legs, You idiots, stop! hello.. I said stop!

But where would they listen? They were happily walking (even running) towards the roller coaster and settling themselves well inside.

The thing starts moving....oh my God.. what have I gotten myself into?  I want to get down now... oh my God...I look at the operator, beseeching him to stop....he gives a nonchalant wave of his hand.....oh my God...please help me....Its approaching the first drop...oh my God.. my heart is racing... I even say a silent prayer and then all I hear is a piercing AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I was surprised that I actually did end up having fun. (only at hindsight though)
But will I ever do it again? lets just say, next time, I am more than willing to settle for a vicarious experience!


63 comments:

  1. Should I feel bad that I laughed, because I did. Rather loudly as well.

    Perhaps not playing Judge Judy in future might help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don feel bad, Jacqueline! I had a good laugh too..
      Judge Judy - who is that? ;)

      Delete
  2. Fun Post. You caught me by surprise!
    Love & Love,
    -g-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! (Although I'm thinking you won't be so quick to jump into the fray of someone else's fight without thinking a bit first, huh, Judge Judy?) I am forever trying to convince my scaredy-cat children to ride the big rides. Only my daughter loves them. The boys are coming around, though. I hope. My husband and I like roller coasters so much we consciously had an even number of kids so everyone would always have a partner. We even called it the roller coaster factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not me!! Blame My Big Mouth (was born with it!) :)
      oh Lord - The roller coaster factor?!? Boy am I glad my parents had only the One, Yours and Truly!

      Delete
  4. I think the fun is only known once you try it.
    Seeing is believing, trying is experiencing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, Tried it once and I think I have had enough fun not to experience it again! :D

      Delete
  5. Well, Judge Judy, you got hoist on your own petard, didn't you? There's a lesson in there somewhere, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I learnt my lesson. Will never go to an amusement park again ;)

      Delete
  6. I thought that I was the only one who wimped out on roller coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judge Judy would never have allowed FM1 to interrupt!

    I don't do Roller Coasters either. Something about the tattood operator with three teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, She never would allow anybody to talk - I should practice more!

      Delete
  8. Yikes! I'm terrified of roller coasters. I saw my sister get off one once; her face was all white, and her legs were weak. No thank you! That's enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, your sister kind of reminds me of me after the ride. enough for me too!!

      Delete
  9. my, oh my, been there done that.
    i was very easily talked into it and it only took me 1 second to hate myself for accepting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah me too, TST.. I still haven't stopped hating myself for it!

      Delete
  10. Hahaha, there's a moral to this story Nina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moral? Is it "Never sit by the pool laughing at the water splashing on your face?"

      Delete
  11. Forgot to sign into my google account before I posted my comment so I'll resay it: better be careful, you might end up really liking rollercoasters, they can be addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nina, I thought that we were close kindred spirits - until you actually got on the roller coaster! I would pay good money NOT to have to ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wait until you hear my 'getting under the truck' experience!

      Delete
  13. I have a love and hate relationship with roller coaster ride :)
    I had great FUN READING YOUR POST :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Love-hate relationship with roller coasters too.
      I just LOVE to HATE it!!!

      Thank you Aunt Mary! :)

      Delete
  14. I laughed out loud. I have that same hate/fear of roller coasters. But I would NEVER have gotten on it. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, I still haven't forgiven my legs for getting on to it!

      Delete
  15. Ooooh, I have talked my kids onto a couple of rides...and listened to them cry for the duration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nina, thanks for stopping by.

    A great post. Braver by far than me, no amount of cajoling would have persuaded me it was a good idea to go on that rollercoaster - or any other ride for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petty witter!

      I don't think I am even visiting an amusement park eva again!

      Delete
  17. Hahahha.... it was funny. But glad you enjoyed. I love roller coasters, but hate those stomach churning moments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved this post! Brought back fond memories from 2002, when i was still at college and spent my birthday with three of my very dear friends at an amusement park. Cheers, Nina. Your rock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Big B, glad it brought back memories for you. The only think it brought for me was retching! LOL

      Delete
  19. I am truly afraid of heights. I get dizzy on my own balcony if i turn my back towards the railing. However for some reason I can go on the biggest baddest roller-coaster without fear at all, go figure!
    Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha.. i had chose the balcony to the roller coaster any-day :)

      Delete
  20. Hahaha!! God and I say, I get in funny situations! well you did end up having a wee bit of fun so it wasn't so bad at the end of the day:P

    Never been on a roller coaster myself and never plan too....those are a devil's invention lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely agree, Hotei - devil's inventions definitely!!

      Delete
  21. Bravo to you... I won't ride it any longer. Those days are in my "rear-view mirror."

    Take care, Slu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. henceforth they are in my rear-view mirror too :) never again!

      Delete
  22. A quick answer for you Nina.
    ANZAC: Australian and New Zealand Army Corp.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's awesome - good for you! i can't stand roller coasters.. i have difficulty breathing! i think im just a wimp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL, I used to be an amusement park tourguide and I would wait for my folks to go up but sometimes they dragged me along. AAck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice! I almost felt the first drop. I was always babysitting wallets too, but this winter actually went down the hill on a sled. In a few weeks I'm jumping out of a plane again...wanna come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh why not? but only if you agree to climb Mt. Everest all the way up to the top with me first!

      Delete
  26. Good set up for a nice ending. It definitely changed your outlook on your day, family and life. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes it did, Nancy :) thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  27. Roller coaster ride? Did it once with my daughter and will NEVAH EVAH do it again. It's a heart stopper. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too Diane, will nevah evah do it again.. LOL

      Delete
  28. Hi Nina! When I found your comment on my blog, I came on over to yours! I do like humor, and I thoroughly enjoyed your post about the roller coaster. I'm terrified of roller coasters. Space Mountain in Disneyland is pushing it to the limit! I can only do that with my eyes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much .. :)

      Did you know there is a Euthanasia Roller coaster too? now that is pushing it to the limit!!

      Delete
  29. I love this! "...babysitting the wallets, hand bags, shoes and expensive cameras!" Oy, I have been there! I did laugh. Kudos for getting on that roller coaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa!!

      I mostly end up baby sitting the luggage..always! :(

      Delete
  30. I LOVE rollercoasters, and yet I am sad because here in Western Australia we only have tiny little crap ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is funny Nina. You ended up having a great time and I know you'll do it again too. See what you would have missed out on if you didn't have a go. I wonder what ride you'll choose next time - the highest? Funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great post! You put me right in the action. I've been there as well, thinking twice, what am I doing? But afterwards, I feel like a hero that I did it and survived. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am a complete and utter wimp when it comes to roller coasters - anything faster than the magic teacups and I refuse to get on!

    Very impressed that you made it.

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day!